Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Accepting that I won't be good at everything I try

I took tumbling this summer. It wasn't my greatest success story. I blame my parents for making me miss the first week to travel for the 4th of July. Because of them, I never learned how to do a somersault and never really took to any other skills. Don't even get me started on the complicated routines we were supposed to follow. No thanks! No time!

For the last class, Miss Edie, who I'm certain had just woken up at a home that wasn't her own, allowed us to do whatever we wanted. What I most wanted to do was run away from away from JJ, a three-year-old boy far whinier than any three-day-old I've ever met. I'm pretty sure JJ and his mom are going to be roommates well into his 50s. I assume when his mother passes away, JJ will pretend to keep her clothing and home for posterity but will totally pull a Norman Bates.

 
Since running away from JJ wasn't really an option,
I decided to cling to a large piece of foam for 45 minutes
and enjoy the fact that I'd never have to return to the gymnastics center.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment