Friday, December 13, 2013

Neither shown nor told

This is my Darth Vader action figure. I'm sharing him with you today because he is my favorite character from my favorite book, The Star Wars Storybook.

His character is brave and mysterious. His action figure is tough. I have not been able to bite his head off, despite multiple attempts.

Darth Vader is the father of one of my feminist role models, Senator Leia Organa, and his dedication to his cause, The Dark Side, makes him a good role model, too. He is better than Luke Skywalker because he takes action, instead of just whining all the time. It was easy to bite Luke Skywalker's head off of his action figure.

You may pass him around and touch his cape. You do not need to be gentle (remember, he is tough). Please do not try to eat his awesome red light saber, though.

 

 

. . . is what I would have said if I had actually participated in Show and Tell. Instead, I brought my Darth Vader action figure to school, sat with him a breakfast, lost him sometime during the day, silently listened to the four kids in the Two's room who remembered their treasured items, and lied to my mom about my presentation.

Thanks a lot, Miss Nydia, for narcing me out to my mom and telling her that I didn't even let you know that I brought something to school today. Thank you, too, for not helping me find my lost action figure, even though you didn't know he was present that day in the first place.

I intend to ask my mom about Darth Vader every day until she finds him. I keep telling her that I left him in Adrian's bag but it isn't true. It's just part of the game. If you think I'll disclose his true location here, where my mom could read it, you've clearly lost your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment