Thursday, September 11, 2014

I'm pretty much a cross between Chris Knight and Jennifer Lawrence

I’m trying not to make a big, public deal about this because it isn’t polite to brag, but I have some fairly big news. I have been selected to move to preschool three weeks early. Have you heard of the MacArthur Genius Grant (you probably haven’t - don’t feel bad)? This is pretty much the same thing.

Can you read my blushing pride over the internet?

Miss Bardha approached my mom last night to tell her there is only one preschool spot open this fall. She wanted to make sure it was offered to me before anyone else. If I don’t snap it up now, no spots will be available until June. In that time, I’d pretty much rot with all the baby two year olds surrounding me.

Miss Bardha believes that I am advanced enough to move over before my third birthday. I am potty trained. I can identify at least four letters by sight.  I keep up with the preschoolers on the playground. I’m more than socially capable, duh.

If I'm being honest, I've always been big on exclusivity and part of the excitement stems from the fact that taking this spot means a lot of other kids won't get it. One step closer to learning center domination. Get on my good side now, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment