Friday, November 16, 2012

Maybe no one said the word "bully"

but I think we all know that's what Miss Erica was trying to call me at parent/teacher conferences last night.

I couldn't believe my ears when she told my mom that I have been hitting the smaller infants in our room and sitting on them. There was no way I could defend myself given that my mom caught me pushing Annabelle off a music stool and taking over the mini piano that very morning. So, I guess I'm busted.

But, could I just take a brief moment to defend myself? Okay, okay, I know it is wrong to hit. I know I'm bigger than pretty much everyone but Conor. I know I wouldn't like it if someone did those things to me.

Here's the thing, though. Someone did do those things to me. Have you not heard of Mackenzie or Julian? This is a rite of passage. I was led to believe that the big kids are supposed to pick on the little kids.

I'm not going to throw an ugly accusation like "hazing" around, but let's be honest; we all have to pay our dues. It makes us stronger. It makes us bond. After a little crying, Annabelle and I are closer than ever and she knows that I get first dibs on the music stool.

If Regina George and Cady Heron can make it work,
I'm fairly certain Annabelle and I can, too.

Maybe I need to work on my intimidation tactics. Maybe an infant who is secure in her seniority doesn't have to be so forceful. I will focus on honing my skills over the next few weeks so that I really leave my mark on the newbies before my transition to the toddler room in December.



No comments:

Post a Comment