Friday, February 15, 2013

I dressed in the dark this morning

and I still looked more pulled together than Kendall.

The electricity in our apartment went out last night. My parents are acting like it happened to the whole block, but I suspect they are just deadbeats who are late on their ComEd bill. Even so, with no lights, pre-sunrise, my mom managed to get me dressed in clean, matching clothes, brush my hair and put my pigtails in, even if they were a little (a lot) crooked.

Meanwhile, for the third time this week, one of Kendall's parents dropped her off with the excuse that she wouldn't sit still to have her hair brushed and asked Miss Susan to do it for them.

I will admit that Miss Susan's hairdressing skills are far superior to those of Miss Alessandra and I don't blame Kendall for wanting to get in on a good old fashioned high pony, but this is getting ridiculous. Miss Susan has better things to do in the morning than fix our hair. She has to pour milk, put out the step stool so we can wash our hands and deal with annoying parents during drop off. She doesn't have time to play Truvy every day.

I don't trust anyone who does her own hair, but maybe
 your mom could help you out once in awhile, Kendall.

No comments:

Post a Comment