Thursday, February 14, 2013

All you need is love . . . and snacks

It's funny how the place where you are in your life can determine whether or not you enjoy Valentine's Day. Last year, I was still new to the learning center, was just learning how to sit up (with the help of a Bumbo, I might add) and I was still taking bottles. This year, I have multiple love interests, a super fun afternoon party in the toddler room and a look that won't quit.
 
Last year: I might as well spend the day watching
Renee Zellweger movies with a 33 year old divorcee,
her cats and a tube of cookie dough.

This year: It isn't even 9am and I've already received
my first Valentine. I must be doing something right.

I selected Star Wars Valentines, colored on them and picked the best ones for Conor, Ben and my new bestie, Addy. Mackenzie got Darth Vader because of our very complicated relationship. I filled out Julian's last because I like him the least and figured he could just deal with whatever was left over.

The queen of Valentine's Day surrounded by her peas and carrots, Ben and Addy.
Photo courtesy of my mom and a set of mini blinds.

My mom brought blueberries and pineapples to the party and I was excited to see that another mom brought Goldfish crackers. I have a feeling there might be a craft involved, too. This will be the best party ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment