Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A lady has "an upset stomach," not diarrhea and vomiting

Ugh. Being sick is the worst. Soiled clothing, leaving the learning center early and don't get me started on the bulimia rumors, just because I evacuated my stomach's contents shortly after lunch.

My mom got the call to pick me up at the beginning of nap time and by the time she arrived, most of the toddlers were awake, though still politely laying on their cots, listening to soothing music. The exception, of course, was Julian. Rather than respecting everyone's need to simmer down for awhile, he was skipping cot to cot and peaking in everyone's face to see if they were truly asleep. He was quickly picked up and placed in my nap crib (with recently changed sheets) so that he could be contained. At that point, he totally lost his cool and woke up the remaining nappers. Most obnox.

The only bright spot in the otherwise murky day was that I was given all the Pedialyte and Pixar I could handle when I got home. In case you were wondering, all the Pixar I could handle equals about 10 minutes of me pointing to Flick and Ada saying "Hi bug!" over and over until I decided I'd rather play with stickers.

Have you seen the first 10 minutes of
A Bug's Life? Captivating.



No comments:

Post a Comment