Thursday, April 25, 2013

Love's First Kiss

I'm sure that the Conor/Bear/Ben love triangle is getting old for my readers by now, but there have been some major developments that I would be remiss to ignore in my writings.

As heart breaking as Conor's recent move was, it gave me the chance to reflect, have a little time to just be the Bear and decide what I really wanted in a partner. I wanted someone who would be kind and thoughtful and who would at least try to impress me. When I returned to the learning center after being sick, I found those things in Ben.  

My first day back, he sat next to me, gave me a hug and fed me Cheerios at breakfast. My second day back, as his car passed mine at drop off, he threw his pacifier on the floor (signaling to me that he was ready to grow up) while pointing to me and saying my name over and over to his dad.

Finally, on my third day back, while we were waiting in line to wash our hands before breakfast, Ben kissed me on the forehead. I saw stars. I'm still buzzing. We have sat together for every meal and circle time since that moment. This relationship feels so good and so easy. I can't believe we waited so long.  

In addition to kissing and sharing food,
Ben and I also share an interest in glaring at and judging other toddlers.


No comments:

Post a Comment