Friday, April 12, 2013

Happy birthday, Addy

Let me be the first to say that Addy knows how to party. She turned two this week and hosted a killer Yo Gabba Gabba themed event in the toddler room.

She started with vegan cupcakes. 

A true lady knows when to wait and when to hogdog.

Then, she threw in the most amazing goodie bag I've ever seen in my life. Not being allowed screen time, thus never having seen Yo Gabba Gabba, I had to do a little research on the cracked out characters when I got home, but still, pretty amazing. Despite what the available marketing materials would have you believe, Yo Gabba Gabba isn't actually terrifying.

There was a coloring page. There was a box of animal crackers decorated to look like DJ Lance Rock's boom box. There was a pretzel rod dipped in red with a white dot on it. There was a ring with Toodee's face on it and an actual plush Toodee. I have taken my Toodee doll with me everywhere this week. I will not be separated from my Toodee.

 
I like that Toodee is too cool to stand next to the
rest of the Gabba crowd. I feel you, Toodee.

Is it a little awful that I'm somewhat glad Addy will have moved out of the toddler room before my next birthday, though? There's just no way I could come close to this level of party. I would just hate to disappoint everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment