Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween part deux


Even though I dressed up on Saturday, too, today is actually Halloween. Please do not be confused.

I decided to give Olivia another try today. I was not, however, interested in another photo shoot at home.
 
Just because I make reruns look good,
it doesn't mean I want to be photographed
in the same outfit twice.

When I got to school and saw Annabelle in her pink bunny costume, though, it was on! So what if her dad wanted to get a photo of by herself? He sees her everyday and I'm fairly certain he doesn't have any photos of me, yet. So I got in the shot. Make that shots. Unless he wants to commit a good 45 minutes to editing everything in Photoshop tonight, I'm going to be in the family albums for years. To make sure all of the frames were usable, I stood perfectly still for him (a privilege I never afford my mom).

The rest of the costumes at school were pretty typical. No fewer than four Supermen, a lot of cats and princesses. You get the picture.

Our Halloween "party" (trick-or-treating at a retirement home) invitation limited our options a bit by not allowing
 
  1. Masks
  2. Scary costumes
  3. Weapons of any kind
  4. High heels (has this been a problem in the past?)

Miss Erica clearly lost her invitation because her adult Little Red Riding Hood costume absolutely violated rules two and four. Yikes! She tried to get me excited about her outfit by telling me that we were both wearing red but it didn't fly. I don't need my outfit compared to someone who is totally past her prime. Maybe next year, rule number five should address the cleavage issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment