Friday, December 7, 2012

Farewell, Conor

This is a hard one for me. Conor is completing his transition to the toddler room today. He was my nemesis, my boyfriend, my buddy and my partner in crime all in one.

We met when I was three months and he was four months old. Ten and a half months later, we've gone through an awful lot together. Without Conor, I might never have learned to crawl or walk. I'll admit that I've spent a lot of my time at the learning center trying to keep up with him.

We didn't always get along. Most mornings, we fought for Miss Erica's attention. When she picked one of us up, the other would whine and pull on her pants until she picked up the other one, too. I was never interested in a toy or book until Conor wanted it and vice versa.

Once or twice during Conor's transition, Miss Susan has allowed me to join him in the toddler room. I think it reminds us that we'll be together again soon. I've even had the chance to reconnect with Ben a bit. The toddler room has great toys, fun things to climb and I'll admit that I'm starting to like the idea of sitting down to a meal with friends.

For now, though, I'm the last of the old crew in the infant room. Until January, I'll keep getting older while the new babies stay the same age. Sigh.

I guess you can just call me
"Wooderson" from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment