Thursday, June 14, 2012

Is my boyfriend a bully?

I guess if I have to ask the question, I already know the answer. It's a hard thing for me to admit, but things have not been the same between Conor and me since I returned from vacation. You see, while I was away, Conor learned to crawl.

I understand that he's a few weeks older than me and that means he'll occasionally be a few steps ahead of me developmentally, but our relationship based on our similar size and sitting capabilities has always been so perfect.

Now, when I sit down next to him with a stack of blocks, he picks one up and crawls away from me. To be honest, crawling away would be fine if that was the only problem. Sometimes, Conor actually tries to crawl over me. He is 19 pounds, for goodness sake! My fragile 18 pound frame can't handle it.

The last straw was this morning. I thought he was going in for a hug when he wrapped his arm around my neck, but he ended up choking me a little bit. I know some people say boys are mean when they like you but I can't get into the philosophy.

Having both brains and beauty, I know the only solution to this problem is to learn to crawl, myself. Whether I crawl after him or away from him has yet to be determined.

The race is on

No comments:

Post a Comment