Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A very big day, indeed

One year ago today, my mom confused the formula out of me. After twelve weeks of cuddling and enjoying Billy Bush together, she loaded me up in my car seat, brought me to a strange building, told some woman I didn't know something about tummy time and weepily made a beeline for the door. When she picked me up eight hours later, I was so disoriented, angry and exhausted that I didn't even look at her for the rest of the night. I went straight to bed. She made me do the whole thing again the next day. And the day after that. And the day after that. All the way up until today.

For the record, I still miss spending my mornings with this guy.

After the first week, my mom stopped crying and I was less exhausted at the end of the day. We both started acting like ourselves again. I started making friends and she started bring home a paycheck. (About time, deadbeat. Way to get credit for doing something you should have been doing all along.) In time, I really started enjoying my Bear time. It has been good to have something just for myself.

I thought my parents would want some time to themselves
but they're always around.

Today, I celebrate my one year anniversary at the learning center with a special announcement. My transition date has been scheduled. I will begin to move from the ranks of Miss Erica to Miss Susan on Monday.

Since I've been knocking on the door and trying to sneak into the toddler room for a couple of weeks, now, Miss Susan believes that I am ready and everything will go smoothly. Miss Erica is less optimistic and keeps telling my mom that it will probably take two full weeks since I like my routine. Blah blah blah.

Honestly, I think Miss Erica is just nervous that she won't be able to handle the infant room without me. Have you seen the latest line up? Sure, Amelia and Emily are most adorbs but Ethan only knows how to sit in a Bumbo seat, you know my feelings on Annabelle and Blake and Ryan are still completely interchangeable. No wonder Miss Erica told my mom I have "the most personality of any of the babies."

Good luck without me in February, Miss Erica. You're going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment