Wednesday, January 2, 2013

There's no place like home / Happy New Year

I've been away for the holidays and I can't say it enough - it is so good to be home. My distant family and friends are great and everything but there's nothing like throwing a tantrum in your own living room.

Travel can be a lot of fun but it's nice to be off the road for awhile.
There were some kids around during my vacation but very few of them understood that I am an only child and, therefore, the boss of any room, celebration, grocery store, etc. that I decide to grace with an appearance. This made it more difficult to get everything I wanted at every moment but I did the best I could with the attention and toys that I got.

My second cousin Grant is a second child.
He's doomed to be bossed around by the likes of me for the rest of his childhood.
Needless to say, it is great to be back at the learning center for the New Year. 2013 is going to be huge!

This is the year I will move to the toddler room. This is the year I will play in the snow for the first time. This is the year I will turn two. (I'm already planning my next birthday party. I have my eye on a donkey piƱata.) This is the year I will be allowed screen time. This is the year I stop wearing onesies and start wearing t-shirts.

This is the Year of the Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment