Tuesday, May 1, 2012

That pacifier totally makes you look like a baby

Listen, we all think Ben is cute. If he was a few weeks younger, he might even be my type. You can't say "no" to those big, blue eyes. Let's get real, though. The pacifier has got to go. He's TEN months old, for God's sake!

I've known Ben for nearly four months and I've never seen him go without the thing for over 30 seconds. I don't think I've even seen him eat or take a bottle in all that time. That thing is always in his mouth. When he can't find his own, he just takes one from someone else. Once, I caught him with my old lilac pacifier corking his cry-hole. Fine with me. I'm six months old. I certainly don't have any use for it anymore.

This afternoon, Ben lost his pacifier and there wasn't another one to be found within a six inch radius.  He completely lost.his.shit. Miss Megan had to stop bubble time until she could calm him down. Eventually, he just had to be put down for a nap. It was embarrassing for everyone involved. None of us could look him in the eye when his dad came to pick him up at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment