Friday, June 22, 2012

Penny Lane & Co.

Every summer, my neighborhood sponsors a super cool, family friendly concert series. It's a great place to see and be seen after a hectic day at the learning center. Last night, for example, I ran into Nia while waiting for Old California to play. This week's show just didn't have the elite vibe I usually get, though.

While the other parents had a plastic cup of white wine or five, my mom slammed a hot dog from the German restaurant across the street. I realized it was not going to be her most ladylike moment when she covered it in ketchup (a major faux pas, but I'll give her a pass, since she grew up in the South).  



Shortly before the stage dives began

As the band was setting up, there were a few kids on stage. I thought maybe they were roadies, but upon closer inspection, they were doing chalk drawings. It seemed a little disrespectful to the guy trying to tune his bass.

When the music started, the groupies really came out. They started out slow by stomping to the beat but by the end of the first song, there were at least 20 kids crowding the stage. One, who was inappropriately wearing a cape and a crown, even climbed on stage like he was Courtney Cox or something. Thankfully, his mom, splashing chardonnay, quickly removed him and the rest of us were able to enjoy the remainder of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment