Friday, May 11, 2012

¿Dónde está Miss Lydia?

Miss Lydia was everything we fear about going to daycare. She was bossy and mean and sat in a chair all day instead of playing with the pre-kindergarten kids. The oversized black hoodie she wore everyday was reason enough to make me start filling out paper work for a transfer to a new center when I turn four.

One day, on my way into the learning center, I overheard Molly's older brother, Aiden, tell Miss Lydia she had a big bootie. He didn't even get in trouble for it because it was totally true and totally hilarious. My mom and I tried not to laugh, because we are ladies at all times, but we exchanged a knowing glance for sure.

Even Sir Mix-A-Lot can't get "behind" Miss Lydia.
Miss Lydia hasn't been at the learning center in two weeks. I haven't asked around about her because I'm worried that if I do, I'll jinx it and find out that she's just on vacation in Cabo or something. If I can play it cool and ride it out, I feel like I might never have to see her again. Cross your fingers, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment