Monday, May 7, 2012

Strep Throat Epidemic

Please see below for a note from the learning center's Director, Fatbardha. For the record, in conversation, she drops the "Fat" and just goes by "Bardha". Smart move.

This is just fantastic news - two cases of strep throat right before picture day! I'm crossing my fingers (you know, because I have the dexterity to do that) that I don't have to miss my glamour shots on Wednesday. Why am I not surprised that this epidemic came from the toddler room?


Keep that toddler away from my bears and dolls.
They don't want her nasty virus any more than I do.

Dear Parents and Guardians -

We have had 2 cases of Strep Throat in our center; one case in the toddlers’ classroom and one case in our preschool classroom.Common symptoms (generally) include high fever and the only way to diagnose is by a throat swab test by the doctor. While we will be taking extra precautions at school to minimize the spread of this "strep throat," we ask that parents PLEASE have children stay home if they exhibit high fever. We also recommend that sick students stay home until the doctor relieves them to get back to the center.   We genuinely appreciate all parents' efforts to help us minimize the spread of this "virus" and restore the general health of the student body.

Sincerely,
Fatbardha

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to see that Fatbardha has finally made an appearance on this blog.

    ReplyDelete